- 6 feet social distancing
- Mandatory face coverings / PPE for staff
- Hand hygiene
- Staff temperature screenings at the beginning of each shift
- Twice daily resident temperature screening
- Universal precautions
- Increased daily sanitation of high-touch areas
- Hand sanitizer stations
- Limited Visitor policy
We have been closely monitoring the CDC, DOH, and DHS for daily guidance and will adjust our protocols to ensure resident safety. Primecare Pharmacy in Scranton has provided vaccines for employees and staff. The data are showing a dramatic decline in COVID-19 cases and deaths since vaccines have become available, however this does not mean that precautions are no longer necessary.
Note: wearing a mask is still required by the CDC for healthcare and congregate care settings like The Pines, even if vaccinated.
We welcome family and friends to visit within the facility and need your cooperation with the following guidelines to keep our residents and their guests safe. We too value family time and truly understand the benefit of socialization- all while following the required safety directives.
- The Pines Senior Living is still requiring visitors to wear masks to enter the facility. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
- We will continue to screen all visitors for temperature, question them about symptoms as well as potential exposure to COVID-19, and observe for signs of infection. If you are experiencing any symptoms prior to your visit, please reschedule for a time when you are feeling well.
- Please schedule your visit in advance of your arrival with our Front Desk at 570-587-7709. We have a limited number of visitations per day so it is important to schedule in advance so that we can be sure to accommodate everyone.
- Visitations are available daily from 9 am to 7:30 pm. Please make sure you are accommodating the meal times of the resident you are visiting
- All visitors must report to the main entry prior to the visit and sign in.
- Please limit visitors to 2 adults and 1 child ( 12 years and younger).
- Visits will be a maximum of 45 minutes and we respectfully ask that you adhere to this timeframe
- We ask that guests visit only with the resident they scheduled to visit and refrain from visiting other residents or staff and other parts of the building.
- Weather permitting, please enjoy our outdoor seating areas
Residents may leave the campus for the day for outings with family. We ask for advance notice of any planned outings so we can prepare any items the resident may need, such as medication, while the resident is out of the building. No quarantine is required upon return. We still advise that residents continue to practice all safety measures with masking, social distancing and hand hygiene while on the outing.
Visitation is not available for the following residents during any of these circumstances:
- Unvaccinated residents, if county positivity rate is greater than 10%
- Any COVID-positive residents, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, until they have been confirmed recovered
- Residents in quarantine, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, until they have met criteria for release from quarantine
The Pines may need to suspend visitation based on infection rates within the facility as well as the county.
Thank you for your patience and support over this past YEAR!!!
We know you may have questions and we encourage you to contact us by phone or email at 570-587-7709.
Stacie Millett Rechlicz, RN, BSN, MHA
Clarks Summit, PA 18411